Thursday, November 29, 2012

Baby Love

So it has been quite a while since my last post but baby Ryder is here! He is so precious and I have never felt so much love. I know it is very cliche but it is true...there is a reason cliche's exist afterall. Anyways...life with Ryder is perfect. The labor was long (five days long to be exact) and I was exhausted by the end of it (but oh my lord was that epidural was ah-mazing) but once I held that beautiful, screaming baby life was complete. I have always felt my life was missing something and although my amazingly wonderful husband filled the majority of that void, my sweet baby boy is the reason for my existence. He is my great accomplishment. Being a mother is the most satisfying and wonderful thing on this earth. Yes I am a teacher, and yes I love my job 100% and I know that being a teacher is what I am meant to do career-wise, but being a mom is what has made me complete. Mrs. Val at work said it best when I went to visit work: "You will kill for your family, but you will die for your kids" Although my labor was five days of contractions that didn't want to get me anywhere, and I had to be stuck four times for the epidural, I would do it all again for my sweet baby boy because he was worth every bit of it and so much more. I pray that God gives me the knowledge to raise him and the strength to get through all of the hard times because I know they will show up.

No comments:

Post a Comment